Become a Share Shed Volunteer
Share Shed assistants (volunteers)
Reporting to: Share Shed Project Coordinator
Hours: Variable. We’re looking for people who can work on Saturday mornings, and also people who can help at other times.
Salary: Unpaid. Any food and travel expenses will be covered
Location: Totnes, Devon, United Kingdom
Start Date: As soon as possible
The Share Shed is a library of things based in Totnes (Devon, UK), where people can borrow all sorts of useful things, ranging from tools, house appliances, camping and gardening equipment, sewing machines, and much more! It opens on Saturday mornings from 10am to 1pm.
The project enables local people to borrow items at nominal cost so that they don’t have to buy them for themselves. The aim is to build a more resourceful community, allowing people to connect with each other and share things they may need just once in a while, which also reduces our impact on Earth’s precious resources.
We are looking for people who are enthusiastic and would enjoy working at the Share Shed as well as help develop and promote it.
They will work alongside the Project Coordinator to:
- Run the Share Shed when open, including operating the lending system on the Share Shed website;
- Obtain the items for the Share Shed, sorting, labelling and photographing the items and uploadingthis information into the system;
- Assist with publicity for the project by putting up posters and contributing to social media;
- Assist with running events.
We’re looking for people who are:
- Excited by and committed to our vision of the Share Shed;
- Welcoming and inclusive, a good team player with experience of working within a small team;
- Have good spoken and written communication skills and;
- Are comfortable using a computer (training will be provided).
To apply: Email CV and covering letter explaining why you’d be the right person for the position to Mirella Ferraz at email@example.com.For further information about the project visit shareshed.org.uk
We are located at the Network of Wellbeing’s office, 16 High Street, Totnes, TQ9 5RY.
Opening time: Saturdays from 10am to 1pm.